Ongoing Research Projects - Proyectos actuales
Click here to see photos from the field! - Haz clic aquí para ver fotos del campo!
- Phylogeography, genomics, ecomorphology and speciation in the North American bird genus Junco. Collaborators: Ellen Ketterson and Jonathan Atwell (Indiana University), Adolfo Navarro (UNAM), John McCormack (Occidental College), Robert Wayne (UCLA), Eduardo de Juana (UCM), Josefina Barreiro (MNCN).
- Diversification mechanisms of the Mascarene gray white-eye (Zosterops borbonicus) on the islands of Reunion and Mauritius. Collaborators: Christophe Thébaud and Philipp Heeb, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France.
- Speciation in the yellow-rumped warbler complex (Dendroica coronata) in North and Central America. Collaborators: Allan Brelsford, David Toews and Darren Irwin, Univ. of British Columbia, Canada.
- Phylogeography of the lizard Lacerta vivipara in Europe, and patterns of introgression across an oviparous/viviparous contact zone. Collaborators: Patrick Fitze and Pedro Aragón, University of Lausanne.
- Evolutionary history and species limits in the bird genus Parula in Mexico and Central America. Collaborators: Adolfo Navarro, UNAM, and Octavio Rojas, INECOL, Mexico.
- Phylogeography of the naked goby (Gobiosoma bosc), a fish found along the Atlantic coast of North America. Collaborators: Rafael Zardoya, MNCN-CSIC, Spain.
- Population divergence, speciation mechanisms and species limits in Amazonian rainforest birds. Collaborators: Alan Baker and Erika Tabares, Royal Ontario Museum, Canada; and CNRS-Guyane, France.
- Genetic structure and patterns of dispersal in the Pyrenean newt (Calotriton asper). Collaborators: Jean Clobert, CNRS, France, and Salvador Carranza, IBE, CSIC-UPF, Spain.